Saturday, May 2, 2009

My current W.I.P.

I'm currently working on a mult-generation space colony story. I do not have a word count as of yet as I am still working on world building and back story. What I am doing now is creating characters and doing research. I have 1400 original colonists while not all of them will be in the novel it is important to keep the genetics straight since I am not using cryogenics to get them to the new planet. So far I have: 52/1400 character profiles done.

I will post the links I am using to keep my characters random in my links list. One of them is a random number generator and the other two deal with names. One is common surnames and the other is a random name generator.

One book I'm using so far for research is, Nanofuture: What's Next for Nanotechnology by: J. Storrs Hall, PhD. Chief Scientist of Nanorex, Inc., Fellow of the Molecular Engineering Research Institute.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

woohoo - new blog and i get the first comment.

That's a lot of character profiles, rosemerry! Kudos on going the whole ten miles.

Becky said...

Wow, alot of characters and a lot of profiles! Becky

rosemerry said...

Oh, posts so soon! Thanks guys. Yeah, it's a lot but I feel it would be like watching Star Trek with only the officers and no one else.