Monday, May 11, 2009

Summer Session has begun

School is started back up again so it might get a little slow around here, as if it's not slow enough. I'm taking three classes and it's my last semester. Yay! I'm taking Introduction to Social Science, American Short Novels, and Ancient History in Film.

Introduction to Social Science is going to rock because it's all about world building. I couldn't ask for a better class right now. We will be divided up into groups and then we have to create a society on another planet. It's going to be so awesome. I'll keep you updated on how that is going when we really start getting into it next Monday. I couldn't be more excited.

As far as my own world is going I still only have 100/1400 colonist complete. It can be a bit tedious but I'm hoping it will be a little more interesting once I start working on the descendants. I have to come up with a calendar which means I have to start world building. I have decided to put the ships time in synch with the time of the new planet they are going to colonize.

Somethings I have to come up with are:
1. What type of sun?
2. What type of planet?
3. How long does it take for the planet to orbit around the sun?
4. Are there any moons orbiting the planet?

2 comments:

Flower said...

Wow, summer session is starting early!

As for your sun and planets, have you heard about the giant eye they found in space just recently? I am sure you can google it.

It is really cool.

rosemerry said...

Oh no I haven't. I'll definitely be looking for it though. If it's possible I want my colony ship to be able to fly by some of star formations so that they can see them. I think they are gorgeous.